What use is a travel blog during a “stay the blazes home” global pandemic? How about another contest to help launch Soul of a Nomad and to thank independent booksellers for their support.
- Correctly answer at least ten of the following questions to be eligible for entry into a draw at 1800 hrs (6 PM) Pacific Time on 31 December 2020.
- Please Do not post responses on this blog. If you do – everyone will see them.
- Email your final entry prior to noon Pacific Time 31 Dec 2020 to email@example.com
- Winner to be announced before midnight Pacific Time 31 Dec 2020.
- Prize is a Cdn $50.00 gift certificate for use at a Canadian independent bookshop near where the winner lives.
- Answers 1 to 10 are in Soul of a Nomad.
- Answers 11 and 12 are in Pomegranates at 4800 Metres.
- Please support the author and independent booksellers by purchasing your own copies.
Where to get the books:
Soul of a Nomad and Pomegranates at 4800 Metres are available at:
Talisman Books and Gallery on Pender Island – firstname.lastname@example.org
Most independent Canadian bookstore managers will order a copy for you from Red Tuque Books.
Pomegranates at 4800 Metres is also available at:
Mulberry Bush Books in Qualicum Beach and Parksville – www.mulberrybushbooks.com
Hidden Gems in Salmon Arm – www.hiddengemsbookstore.com
The Book Shop in Penticton – email@example.com
The Crockett Book Company in Trail – www.crockettbookco.com
Otter Books in Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Huckleberry Books in Cranbrook – www.huckleberrybooks.ca
Bacchus Books in Golden – www.bacchusbooks.ca
Grizzly Books in Revelstoke – www.grizzlybook.com
The Book Place in Kamloops – email@example.com
The Vancouver Island Regional Library.
- Name any two of Kim’s imaginary animal friends.
- What was the name of the naughty pony Kim rode on adventures with childhood friends?
- What mythical Norse creature does Kim use as a segue to her thoughts about COVID?
- Under what circumstances did Herr Zunz receive his tattoo? What did the letter signify?
- What did Kim learn to drive in 1981?
- What Russian tragedy happened while Kim and her mother were in Moscow?
- Name two people Kim’s dad shared his boat-baked birthday cakes with.
- Kim did some volunteering in Thailand doing what?
- While in Patagonia, Kim explores her surroundings in what three ways?
- Name one city Kim, Pat and Helen visited in each of the four “stans.”
- What is the first and last name of Kim’s Nepali guide?
- In what country does the last chapter of Pomegranates at 4800 Metres take place?
Please help me launch Soul of a Nomad by sharing this blog. Thank you.